Tuition & Fees
Fees for the 2021/22 school year are:
- $6,790* (domestic)
- $8,148* (international)
- Plus non-optional fees:
- $300 for non-optional performance series fee,
- $135 for a non-optional book fee (first year students only),
- $60 for non-optional book fee (second year students only), and
- $300 for a non-optional photoshoot fee (third year students only)
All fees are in CAD$.
* Tuition fees are subject to change.
Please note that tuition payments cover approximately 30% of the costs of studying in the Professional Training Program at The School of Toronto Dance Theatre. All other costs are funded by various government agencies; donations from individuals, foundations, and corporations; and performance revenue. All students, therefore, are subsidized by both the public and private sectors.
The School of Toronto Dance Theatre recognizes that financing your education can be a challenge. Select financial assistance programs are available to our Professional Training Program (PTP) students.
*NEW in 2021: Welcome Bursaries for up to three first-year students who exhibit financial need and have a commitment to the School and their training, generously supported by Alex Muto.
- *NEW in 2021: The First-Year Excellence in Performance Award for a promising first-year student who exhibits excellence in-studio training and performance, generously supported by The Turk Family Trust.
- The Lindy Green and Sam Chaiton Student Bursary Fund provides bursaries to both international and Canadian students who have successfully completed one full year of the Professional Training Program.
- The Kathryn Ash Scholarship is a merit-based award made possible by donations to the Kathryn Ash Scholarship Fund. The scholarship is available to full-time students, in good standing, entering their third year of study, and is open to both Canadian and international students.
- The Walker Wood Foundation Bursaries are open to both 2nd and 3rd year students, who must be Canadian citizens and in good standing with the School. Criteria include demonstrated leadership qualities, high academic standing, and financial need.
- The Leslie Wood Leadership Award is given at the end of the school year to honour the third year student who has displayed exceptional leadership qualities and made a significant contribution to school life. Nominations for this prize are received from students and faculty.
- Through the generosity of Lindy Green and Sam Chaiton, The School of Toronto Dance Theatre will award The Winchester Prize for choreographic distinction and perceived development of choreographic potential. The winning choreographer(s) will receive a cash award and support to further develop and, with the guidance of a mentor, remount their prize-winning work.
- In any given year, the School may be invited to nominate one or more students for prestigious scholarships awarded by private charities and agencies. The Hnatyshyn Foundation’s Developing Artists Grant for Contemporary Dance has been awarded six times to students from the PTP.
- A limited number of paid employment opportunities exist for PTP students at the School. In prior years, positions have been available as evening and weekend receptionist, building maintenance, and as front-of-house staff at Winchester Street Theatre. Priority is given to international students.
- Several additional awards and resources are available to PTP students on a provincial, national, and international level. Please contact the School to receive more information on financial aid specific to your province or country of residence.
Students enrolled in the PTP may be eligible, if qualified, for assistance under the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), or other financial assistance programs in their provinces or territories of residences.
Please contact the Student Services & Financial Aid Officer if you require any more information on the fees or financial assistance available at the School.
Student Services & Financial Aid Officer
Phone: 416-967-6887 ext. 21
For more financial aid and scholarship searches, visit: