Welcome, bienvenue, bienvenida, добро пожаловать…
International students accepted into The School of Toronto Dance Theatre will need to obtain the appropriate documents from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. All students will need to obtain a study permit and in some cases, depending on the home country, a temporary resident visa.
The School is officially approved by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development through the International Student Program (TCU).
Applying as an International Student
In order to obtain this permit, prospective students will need:
- a letter of acceptance from the School;
- proof of identity, such as a valid passport;
- proof of financial support in order to pay the School fees and to live in Toronto;
- to establish that they will return home at the end of their studies;
- to provide medical and/or security information, if needed; and
- to qualify as temporary residents in Canada and to obtain a temporary resident visa, if needed.
Full details are available at Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website.
International students are required to obtain medical insurance before classes begin. You could opt only to obtain emergency health insurance, but the School recommends obtaining extended health coverage. Proof of health care coverage must be provided to the Artistic Coordinator – Professional Programs on registration day. International students must also provide the School with photocopies of their passport and immigration documentation for their student files on orientation day.
Admissions & Records Manager
It’s very nice to see so many different cultures coming together in Toronto. I feel safe on the streets in Toronto. I find the city really welcoming to other cultures; you’re a person here; you have a value. Being here helps me appreciate where I came from. Don’t take anything for granted! – Juana María Galindo Torres, graduate, from Bogotá, Colombia