In order to apply for a place in our Professional Training Program, dancers must fulfill all mandatory requirements, complete an application (including supporting documents), and attend an audition (video auditions can be arranged).
Two auditions are held each year at The School of Toronto Dance Theatre, and applications must be completed by the deadline in advance of the audition. (For more details on audition dates and applications, please click here).
We want to meet you and we want you to meet us!
Due to the evolving public health situation, we are altering the format for live auditions this summer.
On July 18, 2020, our in-person auditions will take place online, with a supplementary submission of pre-recorded material. We will try to replicate the live experience as best we can because we believe that opportunities for personal connection are more important than ever in our current circumstances.
|LIVE VIRTUAL AUDITION – Saturday, July 18, 2020
11:00 AM – 5:30 PM, EST
– Online classes and interviews via Zoom
For those who are unable to participate in person on July 18, video applications will also be accepted. We understand that dancers may need to adjust the listed requirements based on available space. Please contact us if you want to discuss your options.
In order to be eligible for the Professional Training Program, applicants must:
- be a high school graduate (or equivalent), or have mature student status
- have a minimum of one year of serious dance training
- be at least 17 years of age
- Applicants who do not possess the minimum academic admission requirements (Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent), but who will be 18 or older by the first official day of classes, may apply as a mature student. Successful candidates who have applied as a mature student would be required to complete and pass an academic achievement test before admission to the program. There is a $10 fee for the administration of the test.
Please carefully review the Application Guidelines on the APPLY NOW page BEFORE submitting your application.
PDF Version: Admission Guide 2020-21