The Kathryn Ash Scholarship is a merit-based award given to a deserving student going into their final year of study and is the equivalent to one-half of one year’s tuition.
The extremely deserving recipient of this year’s Kathryn Ash Scholarship is – Andrea Rojas Ortiz.
Remarks from the panel of senior faculty and Board members include…
- Her writing was particularly commendable given that English is not her first language. The panel was impressed by the quality and content of her writing;
- She understands the value of her training, which has impacted her very strongly, and she speaks profoundly about her artistic growth;
- She has strong sense of professionalism and an excellent work ethic;
- She is a sponge; has a very well-rounded view;
- She’s a synthesizer; draws her inspiration from everywhere and uses that inspiration by bringing it into her movement exploration and her artistic practice; and
- Andrea is extremely advanced in all facets of her training – she is exceptional!