How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please carefully review the Application Guidelines below BEFORE submitting your application:
Individuals interested in applying to the Professional Training Program will need to:
- Carefully review the qualification criteria and application instructions.
- Complete and submit an application form with all supporting documents and the fee of $125.
- Attend an in-person audition and interview (virtual audition and interview are available on the same date to international students only.)
Jayna Shi | Photo by Aidan Tooth
Auditions for 2023-2024
Edmonton, Alberta – December 18, 2022
Toronto, Ontario – January 28, 2023
Halifax, Nova Scotia – February 14, 2023
Truro, Nova Scotia – February 18, 2023
Saint John, New Brunswick – February 21, 2023
December 5, 2022 (Edmonton)
January 13, 2023 (other cities)
Are you an INTERNATIONAL STUDENT?
2023-2024 Application Guidelines
Letter of Intent
The letter of personal and artistic intent should outline your experiences that connect your creative and career dreams/goals to your future studies at The School of Toronto Dance Theatre.
- Describe your most important creative experiences or your connection to dance, and how this informs your desire to pursue dance training.
- What current dance forms, choreographers or work inspire you? Describe why!
- Describe how you integrate, engage and explore movement and expression in your life.
- Why do you want to study at The School of Toronto Dance Theatre?
2 minute unedited video of you dancing with your body fully visible.
- clear and of good visual quality
- video must have sound (silent material will not be considered – please test before sending)
- maximum: 2 minutes
- Accepted file types: .mp4, .mov, .wav, or .avi
- You may also provide an unlisted YouTube or Vimeo link
A recent portrait photo in clear view.
Letter of Recommendation
The letter should be forwarded directly to the school by a recent dance teacher (by post or to [email protected])
Contact Information for Three References
At least one reference must be a dance reference, and one must be a personal reference. Please provide the title or role of your reference, a telephone number and/or email address (letter not required).
The School must ensure that appropriate recruitment, testing and admissions practices are in place to provide reasonable assurances that students have the ability to meet the requirements of the program to which they are being admitted. The certificate must come from a registered medical doctor or nurse practitioner, stating that the prospective student is currently in good health, detailing any specific medical conditions, problems, or injuries (past or present) that could affect dance training.
Proof of Completion of High School
A copy of your final transcript or diploma, showing date of graduation.
*Applicants who do not possess the minimum academic requirements (OSSD or equivalent), but who are 18 years or older by the first official day of classes, may apply as a mature student. Please contact the School for more information.
Transcript of Most Recent Academic Year
High school, college, or university.
$125 Application Fee
Applicants are required to submit a non-refundable $125 application fee to hold their space.
All payments must be made in Canadian funds.
READY TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM?
We suggest using Firefox or Chrome as your browser, and keeping a back-up of your answers. Please note: documents can take up to 5 minutes to upload. After submitting your payment, you will receive a confirmation once your application is successfully submitted.
If you have any trouble with your application, please contact [email protected]
Application deadline: January 13, 2023
If you have any questions, or want more information regarding the application process, or the program in general, please contact:
Pamela Wong Shoebottom
Recruitment & Training Associate