The newly established First-Year Excellence in Performance Award is made possible through the generosity of The Turk Family Trust. The focus of the Award is to acknowledge artistic merit, both in the studio and in performance of a first-year student who meets the following criteria:
- demonstrates excellence both in performance and in the studio;
- demonstrates significant progress in their training and performance;
- demonstrates consistent artistic and technical accomplishment;
- demonstrates good studio work ethic and professionalism;
- shows passion for dance in performance, class, and rehearsal;
- shows potential for success in the program and as a contemporary dance artist; and
- is committed to dance and to the program, as demonstrated by a good attendance record and good grades.
The first-ever recipient of the First-Year Excellence in Performance Award is Rajvi Dedhia!
The faculty nominator had these comments:
Rajvi shows excellent work ethic, focus, retention of material, determination, and a love for dance. She is one of the first to offer to demonstrate an exercise and does it perfectly! Very good start to the year. Rajvi is curious, willing, focused, and very creative.
Comments from the panel included:
We were blown away by Rajvi, her work ethic and her approach to her training. She exemplified strong leadership skills during rehearsals, setting an excellent example of fellow classmates and is an outstanding performer. For all these reasons, and more, it is our pleasure to present the First-Year Excellence in Performance Award to you, with our thanks for your exceptional achievements thus far, and our warmest best wishes for your continuing success.