Our adult recreational program of contemporary dance classes is designed for individuals who want to experience the joy of movement through contemporary dance. Classes are held on Tuesday evenings, and are suitable for dancers aged 16+, with any level of experience (including complete beginners)
If you have a passion (or just a curiosity) for contemporary dance, we invite you to join us to reconnect with ourselves and each other through movement in a stimulating and supportive environment with live music. The class uses technique as a pathway to fluid and powerful physical expression and integrates principals of a variety of contemporary dance practices. Starting with floor work, moving to standing material and eventually progressing to longer travelling phrases, the class integrates the fundamentals of various movement practises using breath, weight, energy, and flexibility.
Do you want to receive news, registration information, and updates about our Adult Recreational dance classes?
ADULT CONTEMPORARY DANCE
March 28 – May 9, 2023
Adult Contemporary Dance is an all-levels class created as a way to celebrate community, music, exercise, and of course, our love for dance!
Tuesdays 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
We look forward to seeing you in-person at 80 Winchester Street!
- Classes are designed for students ages 16 and older.
- All faculty and accompanists are subject to change.
- All dates and times are subject to change.
- All classes are subject to sufficient registration.
- Physical activity carries with it risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. Participation in classes offered at the School is voluntary and each participant knowingly assumes all risks associated with their own participation.
- The School aims to provide a safe, positive, and welcoming learning environment.
- The School reserves the right to refuse admittance to any person who jeopardizes our ability to provide such an atmosphere.
- COVID-19 Screening is required daily before coming to the building. The School maintains a zero-symptom policy and those who do not pass the daily screening will be asked to stay home. Vaccination is required and masks are strongly recommended.
- Class fees are non-refundable.
COVID-19 Related Policies:
1. Health & Safety Protocols Related to COVID-19 (Updated September 2022)
2. Vaccination Policy (Updated September 2022)
What should I wear to class?
We recommend close fitting, comfortable clothing for class, such as leotards, tights, unitards, sweat clothes, leggings, or yoga wear. All classes are in bare feet.
How big is the class and what is the age range?
The number of people in each class will vary depending on the time of year and number of drop-ins and registrations per term, per course. The average attendance ranges from 10-15 individuals per class. The maximum class size at any given time is 25.
Classes are open to ages 16 and up. The average age of individuals will vary, depending on those who have registered. At any given time, we have dancers from their twenties and thirties, to fifties and sixties.
Where are you located? Is there parking at the School?
We are located in the heart of Toronto’s historic Cabbagetown, at 80 Winchester Street – just east of Parliament Street, between Carlton and Wellesley Streets. There is street parking available near the School.