The Lindy Green & Sam Chaiton Student Bursary
Through the generosity of Lindy Green and Sam Chaiton, The School of Toronto Dance Theatre awards bursaries to full-time students who have successfully completed one full year of the Professional Training Program. The total amount (equivalent to two full-time tuition) will be divided among selected worthy applicants. Bursaries are available to both Canadian and international students.
The awarding of bursaries is based on:
• artistic achievement;
• commitment to dance and to the program at the School, as demonstrated by such things as participation in School activities, progress and dedication of the student, attitude and attendance;
• development of perceived potential; and
• financial need.
Decisions regarding bursaries are made by the Artistic Director, in consultation with staff and faculty.
Applicants should be aware of the following conditions:
• Priority in awarding bursaries is given to third-year students.
• Bursaries are awarded as a credit toward second term tuition fees. If the recipient has already paid fees in full, they will receive a cheque for the amount of the bursary.
• Any student who receives bursary assistance in excess of $500.00 will be issued a T4 (A) tax slip issued in calendar year 2021
• Awards are contingent upon the student proceeding with full-time studies at the School, and are payable only when the student is in actual attendance as a full-time student. The School reserves the right to withdraw all or part of a bursary should a recipient’s enrollment status change.
• Students must be in good standing with the School in order to be considered for bursaries.
• Any applications submitted by students who are absent from class on the morning of the application deadline, will not be accepted.
• All decisions related to the awarding of bursaries are final and may not be appealed.
Application Deadline: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2020 at 2 PM
Please note that incomplete applications, or those received after the deadline, will not be considered.
The applications must include the following:
- Completed online Application Form.
- Complete and submit attachments by email to [email protected]:
a) Completed Budget Form, in Excel or PDF format only*
b) Current résumé of your dance training and experience, in Word or PDF format only*
*Please name your file attachments – LastName FirstName 2020-21 Bursary Application
|APPLICATION FORM||Bursary Application Section C - Budget|
LIST OF QUESTIONS FOUND IN APPLICATION
1. Please indicate in 250 words or less why you believe that you are a worthy candidate for a bursary from The School of Toronto Dance Theatre. Include such information as your commitment to training and to life at the School, and your involvement in student activities.
2. Please tell us in 250 words or less how you furthered your training in or knowledge of dance over the summer during the pandemic lockdown.
1. If, for any reason, you feel that the budget information provided in Section C does not give an accurate depiction of your financial need, please provide details of any contributing circumstances in the space below.
2. If you are carrying debt (previous student loans currently under repayment, prior credit card debt etc.), please indicate the source of debt, the total outstanding principal on the debt, and your current monthly payment. You may also include information on outstanding loans which are not currently under repayment.
3. If you have a deficit, explain how you will be addressing it.
4. If you are an international student, let us know if your visa permits you to work in Canada.
5. If you receive both grants and loans, please provide details for each, and specify the amount you will need to repay.