Life at the School
As a student at the School you will become part of a close-knit community and meet new friends from Canada and around the world who share your passion for dance.
Over your course of study, you’ll have many opportunities to participate in the School’s student government, Coffee House productions, graduation committee, and other student-run social events. During your graduating year, you’ll also help to organize student trips; past class trips have included such destinations as Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, and New York City.
The Performance Series
Each year, you and your classmates will attend a series of performances in the Toronto area by world-renowned artists in dance, theatre, music, and opera.
Did you know?
- The Economist named Toronto the best place to live in the world in 2015
- Lonely Planet included Toronto in the top 10 cities to visit in 2015
- Toronto has the 3rd largest theatre district in the world after New York and London
- Toronto is home to TIFF, the world’s largest public film festival
Not only is Toronto the largest city in Canada, but it’s also close to New York, and to Montreal, so you are close to auditions and other amenities. It’s a great starting place for wherever you want to go. – Colby McGovern, graduate, from Grande Prairie, Alberta
For more information on living and working in Toronto, visit:
- City of Toronto – Official Website
- City of Toronto – Arts, Culture & Heritage Services
Housing and accommodation
In addition, the School sometimes receives notices of available sublets and shared accommodations.
For more information about finding housing and accommodation, or to receive detailed listings, please contact:
Admissions & Records Manager
Phone: 416-967-6887 ext. 22