The School of Toronto Dance Theatre is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of our students and prospective students, donors, members, sponsors, employees, and other stakeholders.
At the School, we value your trust, and we are committed to treating your information with the utmost respect and responsibility. Thus, we recognize that in order to maintain your trust, we are required to be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information which you have chosen to share with us.
Throughout your relationship with us, The School of Toronto Dance Theatre will often gather your personal information in order to complete a transaction that has been initiated with us. In order that we can continue our relationship with you, we may, on occasion, use this information to keep you informed of our activities. It is our promise that this information will be carefully protected and that any other use or dealing with this information is subject to your consent. The School of Toronto Dance Theatre does not lend, rent, or sell personal information to any organization or individual.
Defining Personal Information
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify, or contact a specific individual. This information may include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual. Exceptions to this rule include business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, which are not considered personal information.
How We Obtain Your Information
Typically, The School of Toronto Dance Theatre will gather personal information when an individual completes a form to enrol in our courses, to attend a special event hosted by the School, or to make a donation to the School. We also, however, tend to collect information when you request information from the School by telephone, e-mail, or via our website.
How We Use Your Information
The School of Toronto Dance Theatre takes the protection of your personal information very seriously. Only permanent members of the School staff are granted the access to your data, and many safeguards are put into place to ensure that it is not used for any other purpose other than that which we have stated. This information is collected primarily to keep the lines of communication open about upcoming programs and special events, to gain your valuable feedback, and to deliver donor benefits. The information also assists us during fundraising campaigns.
- It is the policy of The School of Toronto Dance Theatre to control the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information in accordance with all requirements set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- You will be informed about how your personal information will be used by the School.
- You will have the opportunity to limit the use of your personal information by the School.
- Our personnel and authorized volunteers access personal information based only on their need to use the information for the reasons for which it was obtained.
- Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered.
- We take measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained.
- You may request specific information about the School’s policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Your personal information is available to you upon request.
- In addition, as part of our compliance with the requirements of the Canada Student Loans (CSL) program and the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), permanent staff sign a detailed confidentiality agreement on an annual basis regarding the personal information of all students.
Website and Electronic Mailings
The School of Toronto Dance Theatre
80 Winchester Street
Further information on your personal rights concerning privacy issues is available through the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.privcom.gc.ca