The School of Toronto Dance Theatre is passionately committed to the training and education of contemporary dancers. We invest in the artistic potential of youth. The School is renowned as a national leader in performing arts training. Established in 1968, the School has continued to serve as the foundation and inspiration for generations of dancers.
We offer four exceptional programs for dancers of all ages and abilities, with a focus on our three-year, post-secondary Professional Training Program (PTP). In order to remain at the forefront of education in contemporary dance, and to sustain, maintain, and assist our students in their pursuit of excellence, we need your support.
Your donation will directly benefit our students and allow us to continue to deliver inspired training.
By designating your gift, you will be able to have a measurable impact on our programs.
Help transform the life of a student.
• Support inspired learning
• Help build a creative, dynamic community
• Provide opportunities for success
• Cultivate Canada’s next generation of artists
We invite you to join us by supporting the School with a donation and becoming a part of Canada’s contemporary dance future by supporting tomorrow’s contemporary dancers, today.
The School of Toronto Dance Theatre is a registered charity. Charitable Registration Number: 107962771RR0001.
The Kathryn Ash Scholarship
The criteria upon which the Kathryn Ash Scholarship is awarded include:
• Consistent demonstration of artistic and technical accomplishment
• Receptiveness to the learning process
• Curiosity, investigation, and exploration
• Evidence of progress
• Performance quality in class and on the stage
• Work ethic, commitment, attendance, and professionalism
• Integrity and dedication
• A passion for the craft of the dancer, and the art of dance
To see just how powerful your gift can be, we invite you to watch a student profile of Kathia Wittenborn, the first recipient of the Kathryn Ash Scholarship.