The School is passionately committed to training and education in the art of contemporary dance.
Based in downtown Toronto, the School has been a leader in training contemporary dance artists for over 45 years. Through our professional programs we dedicate ourselves to investing in the artistic potential of youth for the development of the art form.
- The School strives to train and educate students in all aspects of their artistic and technical development.
- The School serves the art of contemporary dance by providing well-trained dance artists who will
contribute to creative advancement and progress in the professional field.
- The School encourages the professional enrichment of faculty and guest artists so that they may further their artistry and provide excellent and relevant instruction to all students.
Through our recreational programs we dedicate ourselves to investing in the movement potential and creativity of people within our community.
The School provides excellent training and education in creative movement and contemporary dance to people of all ages.
The School serves as an advocate for dance and for education in the arts within the dance community and to the public-at-large.
- excellence and innovation
- sound, healthy, and progressive training
- investing in choreographic and creative development
- providing a working environment appropriate to serve the needs of all of the students, the faculty and staff, and the art form
Leading contemporary dance training in Canada
Philosophically, training emphasizes the whole dancer – body, mind, and spirit – since excellent movement training engages the physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual aspects of our humanity. The School affirms its commitment to the education of all aspects of an individual through its strong and varied curriculum and through the provision of excellent role models in its faculty and guest artists.
The School strives for artistic excellence in teaching, stays vitally aware of ongoing developments in the art form, provides stable administration and financial management, and maintains a strong and responsible Board of Directors.
Through its dedication to excellence in the art form, the School is at the forefront of training in contemporary dance in Canada.
To read the School’s accessibility policy please click here.